CAPE-Lab research focuses on excellence in:
- Product design and quality control
- Data analysis and process control
- Model development and identification
- Design of energy systems
- 2014: Federico Galvanin, Max Barolo, and Fabrizio Bezzo are awarded the “PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize” for the paper: F. Galvanin, M. Barolo, R. Padrini, S. Casonato, F. Bezzo (2014). A model-based approach to the automatic diagnosis of Von Willebrand disease. AIChE J., 60, 1718-1727.
- 2013: Best poster award for paper: Ottavian, M., M. Barolo, S. García-Muñoz (2013). Multivariate image and texture analysis for film-coated tablets elegance assessment. In: Proc. DYCOPS 2013 – 10th International Symposium on Dynamics and Control of Process Systems (M. Henson and G. Pannocchia, Eds.), Mumbai (India), December 18-20, 331-336.
- 2010: Paper “Zamboni, A., N. Shah, F. Bezzo (2009). Spatially explicit static model for the strategic design of future bioethanol production systems. 1. Cost minimization. Energy Fuels, 23, 5121-5133” is selected for the ACS Publications Biofuels Virtual Issue.
- 2009: Federico Galvanin, Max Barolo and Fabrizio Bezzo are awarded as runners-up in “PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize” for the paper: Galvanin, F., M. Barolo and F. Bezzo (2009). Online model-based redesign of experiments for parameter estimation in dynamic systems. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 48, 4415-4427.
- 2008: Max Barolo is the co-recipient of the IFAC/Elsevier “Journal of Process Control Application Paper Prize” for the best paper published in the period 2005-2008: Zamprogna, E., M. Barolo and D. E. Seborg (2005). Optimal Selection of Soft Sensor Inputs for Batch Distillation Columns using Principal Component Analysis. J. Process Control, 15, 39-52.
- 2006: Fabrizio Bezzo is the recipient first prize in the “Regione Veneto Innovation Regional Award” for the paper: Computational issues in hybrid multizonal/computational fluid dynamics models. AIChE J., 51, 1169-1177.